why you need to see a chiropractor in riverdale, GA today
Chiropractic care is a holistic approach to alleviating common aches and pains, as well as less common injuries. Top chiropractic care is based on the theory that the body will often be able to heal itself without surgery or medications once the musculoskeletal system has been brought back to proper alignment. People most often visit our Riverdale chiropractors for pain relief related to issues with the back, neck, and joints in the arms and legs.
Our local chiropractors are healthcare personnel, just like your regular doctor, but we specifically treat conditions using a non-invasive approach:
- Our goal is to relieve any pain you might be experiencing and improve your general bodily functions.
- We do not prescribe drugs or perform surgery.
- What we do is chiropractic adjustments/spinal manipulation with your spine and other body parts to get them in proper alignment.
Our Riverdale Chiropractors are highly trained, personal injury doctors that assist in providing chiropractic treatment for all types of pain. We offer chiropractic care to anyone experiencing symptoms of pain and discomfort as a result of personal injuries from incidents such as:
- Auto Accident Injury
- Slip & Falls
- On the job injuries
- Sports Injury Chiropractor
- Family Wellness Care
car accident chiropractor
When a non-fatal auto accident or low-impact collision occurs, there are hundreds of injuries that a surviving victim could still walk away with. These include and are not restricted to injuries from car accidents, trucking accidents, cycling accidents, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
The blunt force trauma that emanates from these types of accidents often results in a wide range of physical injuries from bruising and contusions to catastrophic physical injury, an extreme example being paralysis. You may even experience symptoms that develop weeks or months after the accident occurred, for example, headaches, neck or back pain, aches in your joints, muscle spasms, stiffness, tingling or numbness, and many other symptoms.
In addition, following a car accident injury, long-lasting psychological trauma may occur. In a lot of cases, the psychological trauma affects an individual’s life, leading up to scenarios such as the survivor having difficulty going to work, attending school, or performing family responsibilities.
The number 1 question is how can your auto accident chiropractor help you with injuries sustained from auto accidents and the discomfort that comes with them?
Initially, consulting your car accident chiropractor will always be a smart move after having a auto accident. Your local chiropractor can treat the following physical injuries that you or any member of your family may have sustained after a motor vehicle accident:
- Whiplash and Neck injuries: This is the most common injury that occurs in low-impact collisions. Whiplash injury has been discovered to occur even in sudden changes of speed of only 2.5 miles per hour, so you do not even have to have been involved in an accident for you to sprain your neck while driving. Whiplash symptoms can be very uncomfortable, causing pain and stiffness in your neck. The pain may be worse when you try to turn your head. You may even feel dizzy or sick to your stomach. These are just a few of the signs that you may have sustained whiplash or a neck injury while you were on the road.
- Back and Spinal injuries: After whiplash, these are the next most common set of injuries that can be sustained when you have been involved in a motor accident. In fact, these are also some of the most common reasons why people seek treatment from chiropractors for back pain because we offer highly effective remedies for injuries such as these.
- Soft tissue injuries: These are injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments- the soft tissues in your body. Sprains, strains, and contusions are common soft tissue injuries. Oftentimes, injuries like these, when incurred during an auto accident, cannot be seen externally. It is also possible that these injuries can heal with scar tissue which can ache years later, or degenerate into conditions like post-traumatic osteoarthritis. If you sustain a soft tissue injury, chiropractic treatment and adjustments will help to lessen your pain and engender better movement for you, which will yield optimum healing in the long run.
- Psychological trauma: We understand that experiencing any type of car accident can be traumatic for anyone. Some patients find it difficult returning to their normal routines post-accident. However long this process of reintegration may be, it is never impossible. Part of the care we provide an auto accident chiropractor is lifestyle counseling. This, coupled with our physical therapies, will help to support and speed up the process of you getting back to living life as you have always known it.
Whiplash treatment such as: electrical muscle stimulations, and spinal manipulations or chiropractic adjustments will have a more long-lasting healing effect for your whiplash injury or neck pain than pain medications. Whiplash treatments such as these will reduce the likelihood of you experiencing reverberations of your discomfort in the future.
A physician can dismiss you from the hospital, yet much later, you may still find yourself experiencing pain or discomfort resulting from your accident. These are delays in the onset of your pain, which are very common. Advisably, you should consult a whiplash chiropractor soon after an accident, whether your symptoms of injury are immediate or delayed. Make an appointment to see a walk in chiropractor sooner than later to assist with bodily injuries.
Any damage to your spine can lead to recurring headaches, neck pain, stiffness, chronic muscle tension and spasms, lower back pain, spinal disc degeneration, herniated disc injury, inflamed arthritis, sore and tight inflexible muscles, a greater chance of a repeat injury, and it can result in poor posture. With a back pain chiropractor, we provide such therapies as intersegmental traction and chiropractic adjustments and that has been professionally designed towards providing relief from back and spinal injuries, seeking out your car accident chiropractor to take care of any back and spinal issues that you or any member of your family may be experiencing is very important.
While automobile bumpers are standardly built to withstand damage at 5 miles per hour, the human body does not withstand damage at this speed or any speed for that matter. When a vehicle does not absorb the force of a crash, the occupant of the vehicle does, leading to many forms of the injuries expanded on above. Chiropractic care provides the best solutions in these circumstances, and if you are resident in the Riverdale area, we at the Metro Atlanta Injury & Wellness Center have a chiropractor in Riverdale, GA ready and waiting to be at your service. Our vastly qualified personal injury chiropractors will do thorough evaluations to determine how much damage your body has sustained and provide all the treatments necessary for your full recovery.
Slip & Fall Injuries
Reportedly, in Atlanta, approximately 9,000,000 slip and falls or trip and falls occur each year, which is approximately 25,000 falls a day. Approximately 95,000,000 workdays are collectively lost due to slip and falls and trip and falls. You should not have to lose that many workdays, school days, or be absent from a lot of social activities because you are nursing a slip and fall or trip and fall injury.
Neck injuries, back injuries, soft tissue injuries, bruised ribs, concussions, and bone fractures are just a few of the injuries that can be sustained from a slip and fall. Depending on how severe the slip and fall was and how bad the injury sustained is, your chiropractor will undergo the necessary procedures to determine the best course of action towards helping you be pain-free as soon as possible.
Inflammation is a very common issue in slip and fall injuries. It is your body’s defensive reaction against the damage from the fall, protecting the injured area by slowing down the blood flow there to allow your body’s internal fortifications heal the injury. Unfortunately, an increase in pressure in the area can cause pain.
While this inflammation is a good thing, sometimes your body overreacts to the problem and produces a bit more inflammation than is needed. Besides assisting with the pain, chiropractic care also helps to combat excessive inflammation of injuries. Painkillers and other medication can mask the pain, but they will not always fully solve the problem and you may end up having the same pain return in the near or distant future. This is why visiting a slip and fall chiropractor in Riverdale, GA is crucial in situations such as this.
Workers compensation chiropractor
If you are searching for a walk-in chiropractor near me, and are hurt on the job, for instance, you suffer a fall during construction work or a car accident while driving a company truck, you have the right to receive paid care via workers’ comp benefits. For most people who are hurt in their line of duty, it is extremely easy to neglect personal injury care until further complications ensue. This is because a lot of these types of injuries take some time before they tangibly emerge after the incident. This is another situation where the significance of your chiropractic physician comes to bear.
In a timely and accurate manner, your chiropractor can diagnose musculoskeletal anomalies caused by the physical trauma of an accident, which are sometimes difficult to detect. They will provide you any therapies that are necessary for your full recovery, from adjustments and realignments to massage therapy, spinal decompression, and corrective exercises. Seeking out chiropractic care as soon as possible will help you get the treatment you need before the damage worsens or becomes permanent.
If you have sustained an injury from your job and are in need of a chiropractor in Riverdale, GA, reach out our workers comp chiropractors and we will provide you with quality chiropractic care that will restore you to health and free you of any further complications from your injury.
Exercise and engaging in sports related activities do wonders for your body and your health, no doubt; however, if you are someone who constantly stays physically active, and particularly if you are an athlete, you may often suffer from aches, pains, and soreness. These can turn out to be gateway symptoms for more severe sports injuries. This is where a sports chiropractor can help.
The aches, pains, and soreness that come from physical or sporting activities may fade naturally. Nevertheless, for an athlete who cannot afford to take several rest days off to recuperate, minor aches and pains can become serious sports injuries. As an athlete, because your practices, workouts, and games are so physically tasking, you must take proper care to ensure that your body is in an optimum state for high levels of performance and rapid recovery.
Sports chiropractors will help you avoid and recover more quickly from sports injuries. By arming you with the advantage of proper spinal alignment and function, a sports chiropractor will help you as an athlete maintain a peak level of performance without injury. Our treatments will also improve your flexibility and agility: two things that help your body move comfortably, the way it is supposed to.
There may be underlying musculoskeletal conditions you have but are not aware of, and these may be hindering you from giving your best performance in your sport. In addition, your sports chiropractor will assist you to discover what such conditions are and provide you with the necessary care and recommendations to avoid further issues. The chiropractic care provided will help to increase the rate at which you will heal from any severe sports injuries as well.
At the Metro Atlanta Injury & Wellness Center, we see individuals of all ages and activity intensities. It could be you who is a sportsperson, your kids participating in school sports, or any members of your family that engage in any form of physical or sporting activities. If you need to see a chiropractor in Riverdale, GA or are simply interested in boosting your performance levels as an athlete, we are always and dutifully available to give you the best, as we feel that we are the best chiropractors for your chiropractic services.
family chiropractic care
We also provide consultations for family wellness care to enable you and your family to achieve optimum well-being. Below is a listing of the services we provide and detailed explanations of how we as local chiropractors can assist you with your pain, injuries, and wellness through our services.
Holistic medicine is for everyone, whether you have sustained an injury or not. It is for everyone, regardless of your age because everyone deserves good health.
Good health goes way beyond the absence of pain or disease. The lifestyle choices you make daily can significantly affect your long-term health. Years of seemingly small unhealthy lifestyle choices can, over a long period, turn into very large health problems. Examples of lifestyle choices and behaviors that can have negative effects on your health include a poor diet, lack of exercise, over-reliance on medication, and poor posture.
Consulting with one of our wellness chiropractors will give you the golden opportunity to discuss your lifestyle choices with a professional, help you sort through and identify unhealthy habits, and give you practical approaches to address and modify them. This will go a long way in improving your health, mobility, and quality of life.
One major lifestyle component that has massive effects on your general wellness is your diet. Studies have shown that poor diet and nutritional imbalances contribute to several serious illnesses, such as heart diseases, stroke, diabetes, and cancer. A family chiropractor is also trained in diet and nutritional counseling. We can design a nutritional program specific to your needs that can help you maintain good health and minimize the risk of developing these serious health conditions.
Here are a few more things that you should know about chiropractic care and the services we provide:
- Chiropractic care is safe, holistic, and non-invasive. With chiropractic care, the goal is always to avoid medicinal or surgical intervention as much as possible while still doing all that is necessary to make and keep you strong and healthy.
- The best chiropractors are licensed for independent practice just like other physicians. We must also meet yearly continuing education requirements in order to retain our licenses. This should encourage you to entrust your health to us because you will always be in the hands of true professionals.
- Standard professional chiropractic care requires a review of your overall medical history and a physical exam first. Chiropractic treatment is not just a massage. In truth, these physical exams are not just for our enlightenment as health specialists but also for your safety. We want to understand the underlying cause of your pain. We also need to be certain that you are receiving the right kind of care for your problem and to rule out any acute problems that would require the immediate attention of an appropriate medical doctor. For instance, an ache in your left shoulder may really be a sign of a heart attack- a condition that will need to be handled by a cardiologist.
- Chiropractic treatment can be used instead of conventional medical treatment or in conjunction with it. An example of such collaboration is if a serious injury has been sustained to the discs that make up the bone structure of a patient’s spine, we may refer such a patient to be co-treated by an orthopedist.
- Our Riverdale Chiropractors are not licensed to prescribe any form of medication to you. Still, expect that we will ask about all medications and supplements you take in order to get a full picture of your overall health and develop a treatment plan that will not worsen any existing conditions.
- Sometimes, chiropractic treatment bring near-instant relief. In other cases, you might need several treatments to fully address your condition. All in all, we as chiropractors want to offer you the most effective yet safest remedies to your problem. We just need you to expressly communicate all requirements with us.
- Our Chiropractors in Riverdale, GA at the Metro Atlanta Injury & Wellness Center are comprehensively trained in personal injury. If you are an employee seeking workers’ compensation for an injury sustained on the job, you need the assistance of a medical professional and this professional must be trained in Colossus.
- Your regular health insurance often covers chiropractic treatment as well, so you may qualify to receive chiropractic care at no extra cost to you!
- Physical exercises can help decrease pain, prevent muscle deterioration, promote joint health, increase strength, stability, and range of motion, and protect against new or recurring injuries. It is one of the best forms of chiropractic therapy. We need you to be open to any exercises that may be prescribed to you because we take great care to only supply you with physical activities that will heal, not hurt. If you need a Riverdale Chiropractor, we will show you how to perform any prescribed exercises and supervise you until you are comfortable doing them on your own.
It is a training that covers important issues including mechanisms of injury, concussion recognition, pre-exam interviews, pre-existing conditions, valid treatment plans, and future medical costs, amongst others. The training also helps to avoid things like weak terminology and unsupported documentation steps that damage medical value. These are all fundamental towards our specialists helping you to compile the most detailed and airtight documentation necessary to enable you to receive a fair settlement so that you are not denied valid care from your employer or insurance company.
metro atlanta injury & wellness center to the rescue
“I need to find a chiropractor.”
This is the mindset of a lot of people who have been involved in some kind of accident, gotten injured, or are experiencing one form of physical discomfort or the other. But most times, what they really need to be thinking instead is, “I need to see a chiropractor in Riverdale.”
So who is your Riverdale chiropractor and what does chiropractic care mean for you?
As you can see, chiropractic care is more than just treatment for back and neck pain. The best chiropractors use a variety of treatment modalities to help your body to heal itself and return you to a pain-free and healthy life. At Metro Atlanta Injury & Wellness Center, we have top chiropractors in Riverdale, GA that see individuals and families with all types of pain, and for many more purposes beyond that. If you are searching chiropractor near me, to get in touch with us, give us a call on 404-565-0414 and make an appointment for chiropractic care from us today.